Skip to main content

UFC Gym Perimeter - Kids Kick Some Butt! + Giveaway

This is a sponsored post with Mums the Word Network and UFC Gym Perimeter. All opinions, however, are completely my own.

UFC Gym Perimeter logo

Today, my daughter Carol and I worked together to kick some butt.  Well, sorta.  We were invited to attend a special session at UFC Gym Perimeter, to try out their new kids program.  She was elated by the experience.  Not only did we get to peruse through the equipment before class began, but she also got to test out a pair of boxing gloves and a super-cool tech-y punching bag.

At UFC Gym, boys and girls learn self-defense, self-confidence and discipline while having fun in a safe and entertaining group class format. It’s also a great way for them to burn energy and have fun!  Taught by a staff of rockstar, attentive professionals, UFC Gym Perimeter kids classes help your little one learn self-confidence, coordination, discipline and self-defense.  Plus, it’s fun!UFC Gym Perimeter Kids Class

The class began with the kids warming up  for 15 minutes, using fun stretching and cardio races to hold the interest of the wide age range of the kids attending.  The highlight for Carol, of course, was the whole class getting in to “The Cage” for more fun and games (and excerise, but don’t tell her that part!), including planks, squats, and fun-and-friendly boxing moves.  The class concluded with a cool down stretch and a game.  Seriously, Carol. had. a. blast.  In the week since, every time we drive in that direction, she asks if we’re going to “the fun gym” so she can “play games again”.

What I liked most about UFC Gym Perimeter is that, while she was taking the kids’ class, I could workout at the same time, if I wanted.  The gym comes equipped with all standard gym apparatus, such as treadmills and elipticals, weight-lifting equipment (I”m not even going to try to come up with the specific names, yo), free weights, and plenty of punching bags to go around.

Kids classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 4:15, or Saturday @ 11 a.m.

UFC Gym Perimeter

4745 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338
(located in the Walmart shopping center, between Party City and Uncle Maddios)

404-443-8324

 

UFC Gym Perimeter features boxing, kickboxing, and MMA classes; private and advanced training; and kids classes; offering something for every member of the family.  One of my blogger pals, Leandrea from Coupons are Great, put together a great video about the experience.  Make sure you check it out:

If you live near the Dunwoody location, you can enter for a chance to win a FREE one month membership at UFC Gym Perimeter!  It’s simple, first make sure you “like” UFC Gym Perimeter on Facebook.  Then, comment below with which classes or gym features you’d like to utilize.  Then, fill out the form below to enter to win.  Even if you don’t win, you can get a guest pass to try it out for yourself.  Make sure to come back daily to comment, Tweet, and share on Facebook for extra entries!

Good luck y’all!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Giveaway} Ross Dress for Less -- How far can $25 go?

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of making another trip to Ross Dress for Less, just in time to see all their back to school gear! Boy, was I blown away -- from organization and storage (things my nerdy-side craves!);  kitchen items (knife set w/kitchen shears $7.99), laundry ($11.99 for an iron and $5.99 for a collapsible ironing board), and  other household items -- perfect for the dorm room;  to outfits at unbeatable prices! Additionally, I saw some great baby items, at amazing prices, too!  Breathable crib bumper ($9.99) and MANY, MANY, MANY name brand, stylish diaper bags ($12.99) (...cute character shirts for the preschool crowd, too!) Minnie Mouse t-shirt - $4.99 And, naturally, I did a little retail therapy myself, AFM style !  (Translation: I raided the clearance rack.  Each top was under $7!) Would you like to shop at Ross? I'm excited to team up with a few great blogging pals to bring you a giveaway for a...

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Starting kindergarten is something I’ve gone through twice already with my own kiddos, and there’s definitely some things you can do to help prepare your kiddo for kindergarten, aside from simply ensuring they’re ready for kindergarten .  Getting your child ready for the first day of kindergarten can help make the day, and your morning, go smoothly.  Here are my best practical tips for making the first day of kindergarten a success! Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Car Games for Kids

Morning car rides can be daunting if you’re not a morning person, and sometimes even if you ARE a morning person.  Although I believe it’s perfectly ok to let your kids be bored, I also believe it’s important to use moments together wisely.  So we tend to spend our morning car ride having conversations, and playing kids car games that help wake them up and keep them on their toes, AND it’s all done sans technology!  Here I delve beyond “Punch-Buggy Charlie” and the license plate game for some good no-tech car games for kids. Car Games for Kids 20 Questions  –  We each take a turn coming up with a person, place, or thing.  Then the other participants take turns asking yes or no questions to figure out what it is.  If we figure it out before the 20th question, we win; if not, then the person answering the questions wins.  This is a good exercise in making deductions and also figuring out good “category” questions.