Skip to main content

Teaching My Child to Brush Her Teeth and Wash Her Hands

teaching my child to brush her teeth

We successfully tackled potty training about a year and a half ago, so when my daughter started preschool last year, her teacher taught the class a song to help with proper hand washing.  To the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:

Wash, wash, wash your hands,
Wash them very clean.
Wash the fronts and wash the backs,
and even in-between.  Yeah!*

*My daughter and I added the enthusiastic “yeah!”

teaching my child to brush her teeth


We would repeat a few times while she washed, and it served as a good way for her to remember to do a complete, proper hand wash.  teaching my child to brush her teeth - washing hands

So, here I find myself teaching my child to brush her teeth through song – along the same -ahem- note, we adapted the song to brushing teeth:

Brush, brush, brush your teeth,
Brush them very clean.
Brush the tops and brush the bottoms,
and even brush your tongue!

teaching my child to brush her teeth - washing-hands2

Do you have any clever songs you use with your kids? What ways do you help your kids learn and maintain good hygiene habits?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Starting kindergarten is something I’ve gone through twice already with my own kiddos, and there’s definitely some things you can do to help prepare your kiddo for kindergarten, aside from simply ensuring they’re ready for kindergarten .  Getting your child ready for the first day of kindergarten can help make the day, and your morning, go smoothly.  Here are my best practical tips for making the first day of kindergarten a success! Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

{Giveaway} Ross Dress for Less -- How far can $25 go?

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of making another trip to Ross Dress for Less, just in time to see all their back to school gear! Boy, was I blown away -- from organization and storage (things my nerdy-side craves!);  kitchen items (knife set w/kitchen shears $7.99), laundry ($11.99 for an iron and $5.99 for a collapsible ironing board), and  other household items -- perfect for the dorm room;  to outfits at unbeatable prices! Additionally, I saw some great baby items, at amazing prices, too!  Breathable crib bumper ($9.99) and MANY, MANY, MANY name brand, stylish diaper bags ($12.99) (...cute character shirts for the preschool crowd, too!) Minnie Mouse t-shirt - $4.99 And, naturally, I did a little retail therapy myself, AFM style !  (Translation: I raided the clearance rack.  Each top was under $7!) Would you like to shop at Ross? I'm excited to team up with a few great blogging pals to bring you a giveaway for a...

Gift Guide for Toys to Keep Kids Moving

Before I dive in to great toys and activities to keep kids moving, a disclosure: portions of this post are sponsored.  I’ve received a form of compensation in exchange for featuring some of the items in this post; however all opinions, experiences, and bad puns are 100% my own. With kids’ birthdays sneaking up on you, and Christmas being a close -um- nine months away, it’s time to start pondering gift ideas for the kiddos in your life.  If you’re like me, you may be looking for toys and activities that promote getting active, rather than passively sitting in front of a screen.  While I’ve already mentioned games and activities for preschoolers, these toys are geared more for an older crowd, say ages 6 – 106.  😉 Here are some great gifts to keep kids moving, both indoors and outdoors: (Laser) Tag! You’re It!   My kids, particularly my son, enjoy a good game of Laser Tag, and have really dug the Laser X we got for Christmas last year.  We have recently added a few more L...