Skip to main content

Nighttime Diaper Leaks for Baby Boys - One Mother's Solution

nighttime diaper leaks - m'boy

My happy li’l redhead —
now DRY in the morning! :o)

My happy li’l redhead —
now DRY in the morning!  :o)

Mothers of baby boys everywhere instantly know what this post is about: our little boys have a knack for filling up their diaper at night, well above capacity!

I’ve heard many mothers discuss their solutions to this nighttime diaper leaks dilemma:

  • move up a size at night, just strap it on tight
  • try a different brand
  • put in a maxipad (yep, a maxi pad!)
  • change him at once during the night
  • special “night time” diapers
  • …..and so on…..

I tried several of those options for nighttime diaper leaks when my little boy started leaking through at night — him wetting through his jammies each night was just getting to be way too much!  Since I was more than well-stocked with diapers of various brands (y’all already know how I find cheap diapers!), I tried several brands, both in his current size and a size up.I even tried the maxi pad, which actually resulted in even wetter jammies in the morning!

But that lead me to believe that there had to be an insert of some sort I could put in his diaper to help absorb all that extra liquid.  I headed over to Babies R Us, and did a little on-site research.  I immediately saw two options: a pack of about 30 liners that looked akin to maxi pads for about $4, or a pack of 105 gDiapers gCloth liners for about $8.  Being frugal me, I went with the one with the best unit price: the gDiapers liners.

nighttime diaper leaks
These liners are designed to be used with cloth diapers, as an easy, biodegrabdable and flushable way to -um- get poo in to the potty, with less mess.  But these suckers also work well to soak up the excess liquids, too!  I fold them in half (teachers will understand when I say it’s a “hot dog” fold, not a “hamburger” fold), and place it in the front of his diaper.  (I’ve stuck with using a size up.)  Now, he still wakes up in the mornings with a bulging diaper, but it’s all contained!  And on the rare occassion when he wakes up with a -ahem!-  package for us, it’s even easier to dump the diaper!
You can find these liners at Babies R Us, or you can order them from Amazon, too.  For less than 3 bucks a month, I am keeping my sweet little guy dry at night, and we are all happy for it!  I hope this helps you shed some light on your nighttime diaper leaks, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Giveaway} Ross Dress for Less -- How far can $25 go?

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of making another trip to Ross Dress for Less, just in time to see all their back to school gear! Boy, was I blown away -- from organization and storage (things my nerdy-side craves!);  kitchen items (knife set w/kitchen shears $7.99), laundry ($11.99 for an iron and $5.99 for a collapsible ironing board), and  other household items -- perfect for the dorm room;  to outfits at unbeatable prices! Additionally, I saw some great baby items, at amazing prices, too!  Breathable crib bumper ($9.99) and MANY, MANY, MANY name brand, stylish diaper bags ($12.99) (...cute character shirts for the preschool crowd, too!) Minnie Mouse t-shirt - $4.99 And, naturally, I did a little retail therapy myself, AFM style !  (Translation: I raided the clearance rack.  Each top was under $7!) Would you like to shop at Ross? I'm excited to team up with a few great blogging pals to bring you a giveaway for a...

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Starting kindergarten is something I’ve gone through twice already with my own kiddos, and there’s definitely some things you can do to help prepare your kiddo for kindergarten, aside from simply ensuring they’re ready for kindergarten .  Getting your child ready for the first day of kindergarten can help make the day, and your morning, go smoothly.  Here are my best practical tips for making the first day of kindergarten a success! Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Car Games for Kids

Morning car rides can be daunting if you’re not a morning person, and sometimes even if you ARE a morning person.  Although I believe it’s perfectly ok to let your kids be bored, I also believe it’s important to use moments together wisely.  So we tend to spend our morning car ride having conversations, and playing kids car games that help wake them up and keep them on their toes, AND it’s all done sans technology!  Here I delve beyond “Punch-Buggy Charlie” and the license plate game for some good no-tech car games for kids. Car Games for Kids 20 Questions  –  We each take a turn coming up with a person, place, or thing.  Then the other participants take turns asking yes or no questions to figure out what it is.  If we figure it out before the 20th question, we win; if not, then the person answering the questions wins.  This is a good exercise in making deductions and also figuring out good “category” questions.