Skip to main content

Improv Frittata (recipe)

So tonight I ventured in to the world of cooking on the fly, a task I had not done in quite a while. The plan was to make frittatas, based on a combination of two recipes I'd seen.  BUT, given my current forgetfulness brought on by a heavy dose of preggo brain, I kept forgetting to get the veggies needed for what I was attempting to make.  Instead, I opened the fridge, and threw this together.  I was nervous, but even my two-year-old daughter (Picky Ricky) ate a few bites.

Hashbrown, cheesy frittata

15-20 oz frozen southern style hash browns 
1 tbs oil
1 carton Egg Beaters (16 oz)
1/2 c salsa
1/4 c bacon pieces
1/3 c finely chopped baby spinach
1/2 c + 3 tbs shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Warm skillet to medium heat, with ~1 tbs oil.  Cook hash browns through for about 7 minutes.  In the meantime, whisk together eggs, salsa, bacon bits, spinach, and cheese.  Place cooked hash brown in thin layer on bottom of oven-safe dish, then pour egg mixture over.  Cook in oven for 20 minutes.  Pull out, set oven to broiler,  sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over, and place back in oven.  Broil 2-4 minutes, until golden bubbly.  Let stand 5 minutes before slicing in to it.

**Since I was making this on the fly, most measurements are estimates.  You may adjust accordingly, based on our tastes and desires.

Keep on saving!  :o)
--Barbara
**This post may contain affiliate links.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Giveaway} Ross Dress for Less -- How far can $25 go?

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of making another trip to Ross Dress for Less, just in time to see all their back to school gear! Boy, was I blown away -- from organization and storage (things my nerdy-side craves!);  kitchen items (knife set w/kitchen shears $7.99), laundry ($11.99 for an iron and $5.99 for a collapsible ironing board), and  other household items -- perfect for the dorm room;  to outfits at unbeatable prices! Additionally, I saw some great baby items, at amazing prices, too!  Breathable crib bumper ($9.99) and MANY, MANY, MANY name brand, stylish diaper bags ($12.99) (...cute character shirts for the preschool crowd, too!) Minnie Mouse t-shirt - $4.99 And, naturally, I did a little retail therapy myself, AFM style !  (Translation: I raided the clearance rack.  Each top was under $7!) Would you like to shop at Ross? I'm excited to team up with a few great blogging pals to bring you a giveaway for a...

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Starting kindergarten is something I’ve gone through twice already with my own kiddos, and there’s definitely some things you can do to help prepare your kiddo for kindergarten, aside from simply ensuring they’re ready for kindergarten .  Getting your child ready for the first day of kindergarten can help make the day, and your morning, go smoothly.  Here are my best practical tips for making the first day of kindergarten a success! Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Car Games for Kids

Morning car rides can be daunting if you’re not a morning person, and sometimes even if you ARE a morning person.  Although I believe it’s perfectly ok to let your kids be bored, I also believe it’s important to use moments together wisely.  So we tend to spend our morning car ride having conversations, and playing kids car games that help wake them up and keep them on their toes, AND it’s all done sans technology!  Here I delve beyond “Punch-Buggy Charlie” and the license plate game for some good no-tech car games for kids. Car Games for Kids 20 Questions  –  We each take a turn coming up with a person, place, or thing.  Then the other participants take turns asking yes or no questions to figure out what it is.  If we figure it out before the 20th question, we win; if not, then the person answering the questions wins.  This is a good exercise in making deductions and also figuring out good “category” questions.