Skip to main content

Things No One Told Me About Motherhood

Since joining The Club seven months ago, I have learned quite a few things that I simply could not learn through my vast experience with children nor through my veracious readings.  And, test, there are still plenty of things no one told me about motherhood:

  • Every day for the last seven plus months, I have sung. And I can’t even carry a tune. The things we do for our children.
  • No one told me the stretch marks and scar would stay red until I was done nursing.
  • I finally don’t care as much about how clean the house is. Laundry can be folded later. Or not. I much prefer playing with, and watching after, my sweet little girl.
  • Desitin Creamy rocks! (…..do people still say “rocks”?)

 

Things No One Told Me About Motherhood

  • My inner-chef is emerging. Not a great chef, but my desire to create balanced, more nutritious meals is in overdrive. No longer will Lean Pockets, sandwiches, or my then staple Sloppy Jo Casserole suffice. I am on a mission now to pack veggies and other goodies in to as much of our meals as possible. Which leads me directly to my next point:
  • My husband is such a trooper. Although an extremely picky eater, he has graciously sampled all of my culinary creations. Further, he continues to be an amazing husband and father. God bless him!
  • Being a SAHM can become rather hum drum. However, I still wouldn’t trade it for the world. I know I’m extremely blessed to have the opportunity to not work, and watch our little Peanut grow every day.
  • No one told me that I would experience some form of Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand. It’s some strange combination of holding her on my hip, and having a hard noggin rest there while nursing, cutting of circulation (Boppy or no Boppy!).
  • I knew I would love being a mom. I just didn’t know how easily it would come to me. I have always been very motherly, and had rather strong motherly instincts. But, honestly, the transition to motherhood was seamless for me. I feel like I know what I’m doing, and am learning to trust my instincts, my experience, and my knowledge of my little girl to guide me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Giveaway} Ross Dress for Less -- How far can $25 go?

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of making another trip to Ross Dress for Less, just in time to see all their back to school gear! Boy, was I blown away -- from organization and storage (things my nerdy-side craves!);  kitchen items (knife set w/kitchen shears $7.99), laundry ($11.99 for an iron and $5.99 for a collapsible ironing board), and  other household items -- perfect for the dorm room;  to outfits at unbeatable prices! Additionally, I saw some great baby items, at amazing prices, too!  Breathable crib bumper ($9.99) and MANY, MANY, MANY name brand, stylish diaper bags ($12.99) (...cute character shirts for the preschool crowd, too!) Minnie Mouse t-shirt - $4.99 And, naturally, I did a little retail therapy myself, AFM style !  (Translation: I raided the clearance rack.  Each top was under $7!) Would you like to shop at Ross? I'm excited to team up with a few great blogging pals to bring you a giveaway for a...

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Starting kindergarten is something I’ve gone through twice already with my own kiddos, and there’s definitely some things you can do to help prepare your kiddo for kindergarten, aside from simply ensuring they’re ready for kindergarten .  Getting your child ready for the first day of kindergarten can help make the day, and your morning, go smoothly.  Here are my best practical tips for making the first day of kindergarten a success! Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

Car Games for Kids

Morning car rides can be daunting if you’re not a morning person, and sometimes even if you ARE a morning person.  Although I believe it’s perfectly ok to let your kids be bored, I also believe it’s important to use moments together wisely.  So we tend to spend our morning car ride having conversations, and playing kids car games that help wake them up and keep them on their toes, AND it’s all done sans technology!  Here I delve beyond “Punch-Buggy Charlie” and the license plate game for some good no-tech car games for kids. Car Games for Kids 20 Questions  –  We each take a turn coming up with a person, place, or thing.  Then the other participants take turns asking yes or no questions to figure out what it is.  If we figure it out before the 20th question, we win; if not, then the person answering the questions wins.  This is a good exercise in making deductions and also figuring out good “category” questions.